Sunday 18 June 2017

OOTD Summer Cotton Bootsale Find Dress

Today I took myself off to a vintage furniture flea (more on that on Wednesday) and as with all vintage events I decided to give a new dress a spin. 

I picked up this light cotton dress at a car boot sale a couple of weeks ago, although at £11.00 it was much more than I would usually pay but I fell in love with it - I know, I'm cheap!




This dress is very sheer so I wear a slip under it. I decided it was perfect for summer because it is short sleeved and is a little loose on my waist so I don't feel too restrained by it in the heat. 


The pattern of this dress really caught my eye with it's mix of floral and polka dots. It's so bright and cheery, perfect for the warmer weather! 





As well as it's slightly dropped waist detail another feature of this dress is the tie neck which someone complimented me on. I think it's a great feature, it's a nice vintage touch and means my chest is covered from the sun. 

I teamed this dress with these beautiful vintage earrings which I recently converted to posts, I picked these up in a charity shop. 


Of course I had to wear some bakelite so I selected a sunny stack of yellows and greens to coordinate with the print on the dress. 


I loved my yellow Hotter "Sandy" shoes so much I now have them in pink and black so I chose the pink pair to wear with this as I wanted to avoid an overload of yellow and they picked up the pink in the pattern nicely.  





As it is so hot there was only one option today and that was an updo. I decided to wear my peach coloured headscarf to keep the pastels theme going. I threw some victory rolls in the front and just did a french twist in the back which is covered by the scarf. 







 I hope you enjoyed this OOTD post and look forward to writing all about the gorgeous furniture finds on Wednesday.

Until next time
Love
Lucy
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment