Saturday 12 August 2017

Pop Up Vintage Fairs London - Vintage Late Night Shopping

Working 9-5 what a way to make a living. Well some of us have got to do it and this means missing out on vintage events that take place during the day, mid week. 

I was thrilled when I saw Pop Up Vintage Fairs London's facebook event for an evening pop up fair, it's such a good idea for those who want to shop after work.



This fair started at 4.30pm near Aldgate and would go on until 9.30pm - I had the day off as it happened but I could easily make it to this after work and that's what excited me so much!

The interior of the hall is amazing! 


Wilton's Music Hall is the most fantastic venue and perfect for a vintage fair. The music hall itself housed two tiers of sellers, mostly on the main floor and then some in the balcony.



There were also sellers in the upstairs sections like the Champagne Charlie Room.


The venue has a bar which was open and toilets upstairs which also had a couple of rooms being used as fitting rooms - both being essential for a vintage sale.

There we also performers throughout the event. 

My Favourite Things took to the main stage to entertain the shoppers and were fantastic entertainment, keeping the energy of the event up! 



There was a good variety of sellers at the Pop up Vintage Fair. There was a lot of true 40's and 50's vintage clothing but there were also stalls of accessories (true vintage and reproduction) and some sellers with more 80's clothing.






It's good to see a variety of item age and therefore price points at these sales otherwise they become environments where people can become priced out.

I bought this beautiful bag and the seller informed me this was used by the wardrobe department of the BBC series The Crown, so my bag may well be on the TV soon!








I also bought an original 1940's dress from one seller but I am afraid I am keeping it under wraps until my Twinwood wardrobe round up. Here is a sneak peek at the print...


I also picked up these modern clip earrings from another seller, that were a bargain £3, I thought they looked really atomic and will be great for a night out. 



I tried on some fabulous items from Peacock Vintage  because they had such a good range of sizes. Unfortunately on the day there wasn't anything for me but I will be keeping an eye on their Instagram and will certainly be having a rummage at their stall at the next sale. 



The sale got crowded quickly so my advice would be to get there on the dot, this is a well organised sale so you won't be waiting around for sellers to turn up the way you do at some other places!

As I say with all sales I like to be comfortable and able to try things on quickly so I don't dress up to the nines. 

I wore this Bardot top from Primark and some Primark pumps, with this simple black skirt.

A bag you can put on your shoulder keeps both your hands free for rummaging. 


I also like to wear my hair up, usually with a headscarf to keep it out of my way. I added my Erstwilder necklace, that I actually bought at a stall at Crufts, for a bit of fun. 


If you follow me on instagram you might have seen my top tip for trying on original vintage is to tie your nylon scarf over your face when putting the garment on or taking it off, this avoids make up transfer. Its another reason to wear a headscarf or at least have one in your bag! 




I hope you enjoyed this post, I would very much look forward to the next Pop up vintage fair, especially another evening event. 

Until next time 
Love 
Lucy 
xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely finds! I especially love the bag and the fact that it has a story to it. Wish I lived nearer to London...

    ReplyDelete