Sunday 8 October 2017

Makerly Craft Subscription Box Review

Subscription boxes are becoming more and more popular these days, I have dabbled with a few myself but had yet to find the right one for me.

You can get all kinds of subscriptions these days from tea bags to designer branded beauty, they come at every price point. 

It occurred to me that a craft subscription box would be a great idea and I was thrilled that Makerly sent me one of their craft subscription boxes to review.  

Everyone at my office would attest I was very excited to receive my box in the post, I couldn't wait to see what was inside, I love the fun packaging!



Inside it was like a party in a box! I love all the packaging which not only keeps the items inside safe but is also bright and colourful and I know my hoarder tendencies mean this will be saved to be reused for a christmas gift.


You get lots of info about the companies featured in the box and a cute little welcome postcard. 



This months make was a cross stitch kit from cross stitch designer Innocent Bones. I cannot tell you how happy I was that it was cross stitch as I have been meaning to pick one up for ages!

The Innocent Bones Easy shop will definitely be on my Christmas list as they have so many designs I want to complete, my favourites being "Do No Harm, Take No Shit" and "Don't Be A Dick"



One thing that really appeals is that it's a vintage style craft but with a modern design, I love contrasts like that and it would make a great gift for someone after I have had the pleasure of making it which is win win! (I make no promises I might just keep it)


The kit contains everything you need to make the cross stitch, the instructions are very clear and well presented as a step by step guide.

You also receive other goodies as part of the box, this month included these cool stickers from Jenny Mure which are illustrations of skulls. Her Instagram is very interesting so take a look!


In keeping with the skull theme the kit also contained these little skull beads which will be perfect for a Halloween craft.



Makerly have three options on their website, a monthly subscription is £15 but you can save some money by signing up for 3 months (£40) or 6 months (£75)

I think this would make a wonderful gift for someone or to treat yourself to a little me time each month if you are craft inclined. It would be great for a beginner too to try your hand at things you wouldn't have otherwise. 

Buying a subscription box for a crafter is fantastic because you get sent the materials you need rather than having lots of materials left over which you have to store. This is definitely an issue in my life! 

I hope you enjoyed this review, for more information on Makerly please visit their website here

Until next time 
Love 
Lucy 
xx

Thank you to Makerly for providing this box for the purposes of review. All opinions are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment