Sunday 22 October 2017

Styling My Vintage Charity Shop Haul

I recently got some great vintage style pieces from the charity shops and made a haul video on my YouTube channel which you can see here.

I like to think I can see the potential in things that other people might overlook. As soon as I see an item of clothing I have a mental run through of what I might style it with from my own wardrobe.

Here are the items I bought and the ways I chose to style them.

Mustard and Blue Print Skirt 


This skirt encompasses all my favourite colours so it had to come home with me. 


 This brown leaf and berry brooch is an early plastic.
This stack of resin and Bakelite picks up on the colours in the print.
I'm wearing Hotters of course, I am so glad I got these yellow ones, I have so much they coordinate with. 

I love my brown Waldybag, it goes with basically anything, I'd love to collect more.














 This furry yellow hat was a true vintage find from a closing down sale and it's the perfect time of year to wear it. 


This dark lipstick is by Make Up Revolution at Superdrug. 

Embroidered Trim Skirt 


Cotton skirts work across seasons when styled with the right things, this one would also work in spring and summer. 




 This little vintage wooden and mother of peal pin is perfect for this outfit, I love natural materials in autumn.

 These resin and wooden bangles, including this hand painted rose one tied everything together nicely.


And as ever my red felt hat which is getting its fair share of wear on these blustery days. 

Floral Print Skirt 


It's floral, full and totally nana chic, I had to have this skirt! 
For autumn florals I like to pick up on the greens and browns in prints, and this doily collar shirt is grannytastic. 

My pink Hotter Sandy's have also been worth every penny of their cost per wear.


This bag was the wounded carboot sale find I got recently. I couldn't resist wearing it with this outfit and going all out florals!
I picked up this hat after a friend spotted it in a charity shop and decided it wasn't for them. It's a Juliet hat with little flowers attached. It's got some age to it.
Brooches are my weakness and since roses were the order of the day I had to add this to set everything off.


Bright pink lipstick by Mermaid Salon


Secretary Shirt 



I love shirts with details and like to keep the rest of the outfit simple, this beaded and frill detail shirt really doesn't need much, I'll definitely be wearing this to the office. 

This Corde bag was another of my carboot sale finds, and my black Sandy Hotters of course. I really hope they bring out some new colours in this style! 
These earrings went so well with the beading in the shirt and I found them at a charity shop ages ago. 


This lipstick is same as above.  

Sixties Mod Dress


I am a sucker for the 60's and these dresses are so easy to just throw on and go. 

My Hotter boots above were a great buy for the autumn and winter, I am getting so much wear out of them and as ever they are so comfortable. I am on the look out for a brown pair. 

Unfortunately then the heavens opened and I had to dash inside! I really wanted a close up of the amazing grey/green liquid lipstick also by Mermaid Salon. 

I hope you enjoyed this look at how I put these outfits together. 

Until next time 
Love
Lucy
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment