Saturday 13 January 2018

Krakow Vintage Shopping/Haul

I have been meaning to post this for ages but hadn't found the time even though I was dying to show you the treasures I picked up at the flea markets in Krakow.

When researching Poland I had a look online and discovered there were two flea markets very close to my apartment on the weekend and I was very excited about this.



You can watch my haul video of what I got at each market here.


1. Hala Targowa,  ul. Grzegórzecka - Sunday

This is half antiques sellers, half bootsale type sellers with everything from religious iconography to pots and pans. 



Some of the online reviews of this market were quite cruel about the sellers calling them tramps or drunks - I think this is disgusting personally. There are people with stalls who have things on tables who are more like dealers and there are the casual sellers who are just selling their own things like a bootsale who have their things in small cases or on sheets on the floor. There were some colourful characters and very animated conversations going on but everyone was really lovely to me, sober or not so sober. 




Things were priced very reasonable and the swing in pricing between the established stall holders and the bootsale sellers varied greatly.  





This market is a short walk from the main square and you really cannot miss it, you'll see the sellers before you see this sign. 




I wandered round twice, had a pretzel from one of the many pretzel stands then wandered around again. It feels like a bit of a maze at first and it is very crowded but so much fun! 



Plac Nowy 


Having read all about this market I was very excited to visit on Saturday when, from my research, I thought there would be lots of vintage sellers. Saturday was actually my last day in Krakow but it was also a national holiday. With low hopes of the market being open I headed down. 


I must say I wasn't feeling my best as I had been to a swing party the night before and with carrying all my luggage I was worse for wear to say the least! 





About 12 stall holders had come out that day so the market wasn't what I had read about but I was grateful for something to look at and happily it was the jewellery sellers that had ventured out that day. 


Unfortunately I cannot say what the full market would be like which was a little bit disappointing but what could I expect on a national holiday? I still found some great pieces. 


The prices at this market are a little more expensive but the quality is very good and it's a better location to find a nice cafe for lunch after your shopping with tonnes of choice in the surrounding streets. 


If ever I went back to Krakow I would visit both of these again. 


I hope you enjoyed this post and the video! 

Until next time 
Love 
Lucy
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment