Wednesday 10 January 2018

Vintage Events I'd Love to Try

Within the world of Vintage there are so many events it can seem hard to keep up. This year I decided I wanted to research more of the UK's vintage scene in the hopes of finding some new places to visit.

Here is my list of 5 vintage events I have yet to discover....

The Big O Festival https://www.thebigofestival.co.uk


The Big O Festival appeals to me because it celebrates vintage culture across the decades from the 1940's to the 1980's which would be perfect for me as there are elements of each era that I love. It's held in Orpington which is easily accessible from London.

In 2018 it is being held on July 7th and I am planning on attending to see what it's all about

*I've just been informed by a member of their team that this event is free (as I'd enquired about where to buy a ticket) so you can just turn up on the day - Amazing!

Festival of Vintage  http://www.festivalofvintage.co.uk


I cannot believe for the second year in a row I will be away for FOV as I have been trying to get to this for ages. Festival of Vintage is so highly regarded by my friends as one of the better vintage festivals that I am going to be keeping a keen eye out for the dates in 2019 to make sure I can go!

Festival of vintage is held at York racecourse and is on 21 and 22 August 2018.

Classic Carboot Sale Kings Cross  https://www.classiccarbootsale.co.uk


Having lived in North London for a couple of years now this is another event that I cannot believe I haven't been to. The Classic Car Boot Sale in Kings Cross is on my must visit list. I am not much of a petrol head but I do like seeing old vehicles even if I don't know much about them. I will definitely be at the next one in April and have already marked the day in my calendar.

The next Kings Cross Event is on 28th and 29th April 2018.

Pop Up Vintage Fairs - Ally Pally https://popupvintagefairs.co.uk



I can see Alexandra Palace from the top of the hill near my house and yet I haven't been there for any event. Their events page has a massive range of things to do so I am looking forward to going there not just for the vintage but to actually see the place.

Pop up vintage fairs is always a well organised event and with a great range of sellers.

The next event is on 18 February 2018.

Rhythm Riot https://www.facebook.com/pg/RhythmRiotWeekend/about/?ref=page_internal


Held at Pontins (who doesn't love Pontins?) I have heard that this is one of the friendliest vintage events going, it's a weekend and so will take some planning but I'd like to try and go to this in 2018, this event seems more about the music than some of the others and I like that. Sometimes vintage events seem to focus too much on the shopping aspects but I like to learn more about a variety of the elements of the era.

I have enjoyed plotting out a little bit of 2018 and thinking about all the lovely new experiences to be had, my little bubble of vintage life is becoming more important to me these days.

Until next time
Love
Lucy
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment